IV-17 V2.28

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2011
      Features added or improved.
      (skip the details if you wish but *please* read the final paragraph)

      -Working autobaud detection
      At speeds between 9.6k and 60k the Smartsockets synch up well as long as character "U" is sent between 400mS - 1500mS after power up. If no character "U" is received during that time the data speed then defaults to 9600

      -50 character limit
      Increased from the previous limit. Messages of upto 50 characters can be sent to the sockets, very useful if you have to scroll a long message

      -Less aggressive end of message detection
      A need to relax the message data validation test period has arisen (used when receiving data to detect the end of a message), and has been included. The minimum inter message period of 5mS should be observed.

      -Blank tubes don't have sparkling hotspots
      As is common with some VFD devices, it is difficult to make them completely blank when they are included in a multiplexed array. Usually the screen is switched on regardless of whether any segments are required to be illuminated. In the IV-17 this produces hotspots which glow faintly. It would probably only be an issue in a darkened room. By switching off the screen for any tubes which does not have any data to be displayed the tubes can now be turned completely off

      -Memory allocation error rectified
      The compiler which I am using has produced a version of code where the storage location of an array has been set to an inappropriate memory address. This has been reported to the manufacturer.

      The memory allocation error may or may not be something which has affected a version of code which I have already sent out on programmed PICs, it is impossible for me to say.
      Therefore I am prepared to send to anyone who has already received a programmed pic a replacement device. If you are having trouble communicating with a Smartsocket or if it appears to behave erratically please don't wait, please get in touch. This offer applies to anyone who has the first iteration of the project which included surface mount pics. If you could send me the controller board I will be happy to reprogram it and help with the cost of shipping too.
      I want to make sure that any erroneous version of previous code is removed from circulation

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2011
        >This offer applies to anyone who has the first iteration of the project which included surface mount pics.

        I meant to say, this offer applies to everyone including anyone who has an earlier version on a surface mount pic. /:)