Re: Version 13 released, PWM control and display test features added

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2011
      Hi Guus,
      I also get the same message warning that some configs are not included, but the defalts have always worked for me.
      I am using the pickit 2 also.

      I used to program at home and at work too. At home I use a desktop machine, making changes and then uploading to the iles section.
      When i was quite in the field at work i would download using my laptop and program a pic using the same hex file but a different pickit 2. It didn's seem to matter whcih device I used, both would read the hex and the default pickit config settings always work.

      The config bits are set with Picbasic and MPASM. If the bits are not assigned in Picbasic a few defaults are used instead, such as WDT,MCLR, the usual pic stuff. but I overwrite the defaults with preffered settings (WDT OFF as opposed to the default of ON)

      After the first time you told me about this problem I downloaded the file from the files section and tried programming a pic with it, which worked for me.

      It is difficult for me to get a better sense of why the programming is failing, all I know is that the defaults of the latest pickit software, which I know you must have downloaded and installed otherwise it would not recognise the device correctly, seem to be working here.

      Chris

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2011
        Hello Chris,

        Then, it seems it cannot be solved in a simple way, by just using E-mail.
        The only thing I can think of now, is to send my processors to you.
        Then you can program and test and send back to be.
        After that, I can read the device and try to copy it.
        Can we do like that? (And how can I pay the postage back to me? Paypal?)

        Another alternative would be if you sell me a programmed PIC.
        I have used a DIL version, 18F26K20.
        Then I can try to copy that one. (Maybe less work :-)