Re: [smartsockets] Re: IV-17 Smartsockets, first pictures

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 25, 2011
      On 25 Oct 2011, at 20:01, fixitsan2 wrote:
      > I saw that earlier this year. It really is the doggies dooh-dahs
      > isn't it.
      > I really hope it does achieve one of it' smain aims which is to
      > generate a lot of interest in making homebrew gadgets and gizmos
      > for educational and recreational purposes.

      Indeed it is the mutt's nuts. There are a bunch of 0.1" pins on the
      Pi board that are intended for general I/O use. The more expensive
      option with ethernet and double the memory will still be good value
      at 35 USD. The power supply is going to be a standard cheap mini USB
      5v laptop/mobile phone supply.

      I for one cannot wait to see the ingenuity people come up with once
      this hits the streets, very soon now. People carrying disposable PCs
      in their pockets, trying out all kinds of craziness.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 4, 2012
        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@...>

        > I am thinking the Raspberry Pi will be an ideal candidate for this,
        > with everything already on board. I know it's not out yet, but
        > hopefully by the end of November it will be.
        > http://www.raspberrypi.org/
        >
        > John S

        Heads up, the first pre-production boards are on eBay

        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raspberry-Pi-Model-B-beta-board-10-limited-series-10-/180786734741?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a17baa695

        A limited batch of ten boards being sold to raise funds. If the project is a success or a failure, these boards will have historic value and maybe some bidders are speculating.
        the cheapest is about £550, the most expensive about £2100 at the time of this message.

        Apparently the production boards are due out next month

        Happy bidding, if you're lucky enough to be able to afford them !