Version 13 released, PWM control and display test features added

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2011
      Hello Chris,

      Finally I came round to testing again.
      I have a PICKIT 2 prigrammer now.
      This one reports that some of the settings are not in the file.
      The defaults are used and I guess these are wrong.
      Current config:
      Config1 = $C800
      Config2 = $1F1F
      Config3 = $8D00
      Config4 = $0081
      Config5 = $C00F
      Config6 = $E00F
      Config7 = $400F
      Can you please tell me what they should be?
      I cannot find it in the source code. Maybe I'm not looking at the right place.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2011
        Hi Guus,
        I also get the same message warning that some configs are not included, but the defalts have always worked for me.
        I am using the pickit 2 also.

        I used to program at home and at work too. At home I use a desktop machine, making changes and then uploading to the iles section.
        When i was quite in the field at work i would download using my laptop and program a pic using the same hex file but a different pickit 2. It didn's seem to matter whcih device I used, both would read the hex and the default pickit config settings always work.

        The config bits are set with Picbasic and MPASM. If the bits are not assigned in Picbasic a few defaults are used instead, such as WDT,MCLR, the usual pic stuff. but I overwrite the defaults with preffered settings (WDT OFF as opposed to the default of ON)

        After the first time you told me about this problem I downloaded the file from the files section and tried programming a pic with it, which worked for me.

        It is difficult for me to get a better sense of why the programming is failing, all I know is that the defaults of the latest pickit software, which I know you must have downloaded and installed otherwise it would not recognise the device correctly, seem to be working here.

        Chris

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2011
          Hello Chris,

          Then, it seems it cannot be solved in a simple way, by just using E-mail.
          The only thing I can think of now, is to send my processors to you.
          Then you can program and test and send back to be.
          After that, I can read the device and try to copy it.
          Can we do like that? (And how can I pay the postage back to me? Paypal?)

          Another alternative would be if you sell me a programmed PIC.
          I have used a DIL version, 18F26K20.
          Then I can try to copy that one. (Maybe less work :-)