IV17 smartsocket software

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18, 2011
      Hello Chris,

      PCB is single sided. And so I've used the pinout from the schematics.
      This seemed easier, as there are a lot of wires to connect the displays to
      the drivers anyway. Changing the connections wouls not have made the routing
      easier.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2011
        Okay Guus, well done with making it all fit on a single side, that opens up real possibilities to make these boards at home i think.

        chris

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 18, 2011
        Hello Chris,

        This is how it's done.
        Mind you, there's some mistakes still, the drivers for the DP are not correct.
        And also, the voltage regulator is like the 7805 layout.
        This will be corrected in future.
        To connect more PCB's, simply don't mount the TO220 components and screw
        the PCB's together.
        I will make a couple of new PCB's with the errors corrected.

        Message 4 of 6 , Apr 18, 2011
          There are a couple of vendors of IV-17 tubes watching out for the boards for this project to appear. They still have many hundreds of tubes in stock but for how long is anyone's guess !

          Best Wishes