IV17 smartsocket software

  • Guus
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2011
      Hello Chris,

      Finally I've managed to get a PCB desiged and it seems to work.
      I do still have to test if data is accepted and displayed.
      Some kind of "life sign" during startup would be nice....
      I've used a 18F26K20 processor and the V12 software.
      Is there also a software that supports the 40V circuit?

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 17, 2011
        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Guus" <guus.assmann@...> wrote:

        > Hello Chris,
        >
        > Finally I've managed to get a PCB desiged and it seems to work.

        Out of interest, did you use the pin remapping feature or are yoiu just using the original pinouts dictated by the software ?
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 18, 2011
          Hello Chris,

          PCB is single sided. And so I've used the pinout from the schematics.
          This seemed easier, as there are a lot of wires to connect the displays to
          the drivers anyway. Changing the connections wouls not have made the routing
          easier.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 18, 2011
            Okay Guus, well done with making it all fit on a single side, that opens up real possibilities to make these boards at home i think.

            chris

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 18, 2011
            Hello Chris,

            This is how it's done.
            Mind you, there's some mistakes still, the drivers for the DP are not correct.
            And also, the voltage regulator is like the 7805 layout.
            This will be corrected in future.
            To connect more PCB's, simply don't mount the TO220 components and screw
            the PCB's together.
            I will make a couple of new PCB's with the errors corrected.

            Message 6 of 6 , Apr 18, 2011
              There are a couple of vendors of IV-17 tubes watching out for the boards for this project to appear. They still have many hundreds of tubes in stock but for how long is anyone's guess !

              Best Wishes