HV5812, A6812, MAX6921

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
      Just to say the HV5812 and MAX6921 are available via www.mouser.com

      Previously I have seen at least one variant of this IC at Digikey, RS, Farnell and Mouser.

      Chris
    • rogerleifert
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
        Hi Chris,

        great to see You back at the IV-17 smartsockets and working like a dervish.

        Maxim is quite generous in samples in small qunatities for "evaluation" :-)

        Does anybody know about Supertex concerning samples?

        Roger

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
          --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "rogerleifert" <roger.leifert@...> wrote:

          > Hi Chris,
          >
          > great to see You back at the IV-17 smartsockets and working like a dervish.
          >
          > Maxim is quite generous in samples in small qunatities for "evaluation" :-)
          >
          > Does anybody know about Supertex concerning samples?
          >
          > Roger

          Cheers Roger.

          I tried Supertex for samples two weeks agao. 3 days later I received a phonecall from the UK distributor who wanted to discuss my needs. I've convinced them I need 5 for sampling reasons. I've no idea about delivery, I think the last time I did it the whole process was over 6 weeks duration.

          A member of this group, Guus has pointed out that it might not be so easy to get these parts without paying a premium in shipping and handling.

          What I would like to do is to make two generic versions of the multiplexed driver, one to drive shift registers and one to drive discrete driver transistors or transistor arrays. I have this half implemented at the moment, a couple of hours should finish it.

          The only decision left to the builder will be whether to go for a serial output or direct parallel (still multiplexed). With one command the active-high/low format could be set as could the desired pinout, so I just want to warn people not to be surprised if I come up with an update soon.

          Naturally, the designs which are extant will remain in the files section for continued use.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
            On 3 Feb 2011, at 17:02, fixitsan2 wrote:

            > I tried Supertex for samples two weeks agao. 3 days later I
            > received a phonecall from the UK distributor who wanted to discuss
            > my needs. I've convinced them I need 5 for sampling reasons. I've
            > no idea about delivery, I think the last time I did it the whole
            > process was over 6 weeks duration.

            I once managed to get three samples of this chip from Supertex, some
            years ago, when they still did the DIP version. I got the third
            degree on the telephone too and decided it was not worth the
            aggravation in future. A bit like getting samples from Atmel.

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2011
              I picked up some HV5812P (PDIP-28) chips a while ago, but I have decided to use the surface mount versions instead.

              I have 8 of them if anyone wants them, $3.60 AUD each plus postage.

              I am also placing an order with active components soon, they are a Australian/ New Zealand Mouser distributor. I am grabbing some surface mount versions of the HV5812's, if anyone wants me to grab some for them, I can do that and send them on. They are $3.50 AUD each at the moment, plus postage.

              Let me know if anyone is interested.

              Cheers.
              Simon

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5, 2011
                Hello Simon,

                I would like to have 4 of those.
                It was not possible for me to buy them of Mouser as I don't have a credit
                card.
                They don't accept Paypal.

                Can I pay You using Paypal?
                Please let me know the total amount.
                I live in the Netherlands. (And I'm not in a hurry to get the parts)