Re: Cool things here Russian ladies

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2010
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, John Rehwinkel <jrehwin@...> wrote:

      Since the LM9022 is no longer available, I've been looking at other options. The LM9022 is simply a bridge driver, and there are plenty of other bridge drivers out there. The example circuits show how to AC couple it to drive the filament, and also use the output to drive a 2-phase voltage multiplier to get the HV supply. No magnetics!

      > - John

      That would tidy things up a bit. Filament supply is currently a resistor dropping the 5V supply, connected to each tube's filament +

      I think these tubes are a special case to the rule that filaments should be AC driven to prevent density changes and AC doesn't seem to be necessary. Maybe for the purists it is the best thing to do ?