Re: [smartsockets] Cool things here Russian ladies

  • Ray Fenwick
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 24, 2010
      Now if it had been Russian Nixie tubes, we'd have been interested. ;)

      Merry Christmas all

      Ray

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 26, 2010
        Indeed !

        Merry Christmas to you too Ray, and everyone else who contributes to this group

        I've been very quiet due to acquiring a new job which has sapped a lot of my time away, and which made me have to spend a couple of weeks in Florida on a training course while home took the worst of the snow at the start of December. I love skiing and I love sunshine in equal amounts, so you can imagine how it must have been for me ;-)

        I keep kicking myself for not having completed this IV-17 Smartsocket yet. The software is pretty much complete, just a couple of glitches to take out, and I've found a supplier of ready made 40V supplies. I really need to just focus on putting a PCB design together now. I have a few slack days coming up so i'll see what i can do.

        Happy New year when it comes !

        Chris

        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Ray Fenwick <rayfenwick@...> wrote:

        > Now if it had been Russian Nixie tubes, we'd have been interested. ;)
        >
        > Merry Christmas all
        >
        > Ray
        > On 24 Dec 2010, at 04:18, drucilladrucilla45 wrote:
        >
        > > Cool things here Russian ladies

      • John Rehwinkel
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 26, 2010
          > I keep kicking myself for not having completed this IV-17 Smartsocket yet. The software is pretty much complete, just a couple of glitches to take out, and I've found a supplier of ready made 40V supplies.

          I've been thinking on this too. Since the LM9022 is no longer available, I've been looking at other options. The LM9022 is simply a bridge driver, and there are plenty of other bridge drivers out there. The example circuits show how to AC couple it to drive the filament, and also use the output to drive a 2-phase voltage multiplier to get the HV supply. No magnetics!

          - John
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 27, 2010
            --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, John Rehwinkel <jrehwin@...> wrote:

            Since the LM9022 is no longer available, I've been looking at other options. The LM9022 is simply a bridge driver, and there are plenty of other bridge drivers out there. The example circuits show how to AC couple it to drive the filament, and also use the output to drive a 2-phase voltage multiplier to get the HV supply. No magnetics!

            > - John

            That would tidy things up a bit. Filament supply is currently a resistor dropping the 5V supply, connected to each tube's filament +

            I think these tubes are a special case to the rule that filaments should be AC driven to prevent density changes and AC doesn't seem to be necessary. Maybe for the purists it is the best thing to do ?