Re: [smartsockets] B7971 Inflation!!!

  • Ray Fenwick
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
      Part of me wanted to bid, but other parts of me would have been removed by SWMBO if I'd dared....

      Another time, perhaps.

      Problem is that I want an 8-tube display... maybe I need to sell a kidney... :S

      Ray
      On 13 Dec 2010, at 11:44, David wrote:

      > The winning bid for the six NOS B7971's was $731.77USD!!!
    • David
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
        I can see myself on the Antiques Roadshow...

        "Currently at auction these 12 NOS B7971's could fetch close to $1500 US. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for them? $17 CDN! I guess you did quite well for yourself"

        I think I'll move the bin I have them in to a safer spot.

        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Ray Fenwick <rayfenwick@...> wrote:

        > Part of me wanted to bid, but other parts of me would have been removed by SWMBO if I'd dared....
        >
        > Another time, perhaps.
        >
        > Problem is that I want an 8-tube display... maybe I need to sell a kidney... :S
        >
        > Ray
        > On 13 Dec 2010, at 11:44, David wrote:
        >
        > > The winning bid for the six NOS B7971's was $731.77USD!!!

      • Matt Gorbet
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010

          Nothing to see here... .<whistling quietly>...

          Yes, I have moved my bin off the basement floor in case of flooding.
          <M>