B7971 Inflation!!!

  • David
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
      The winning bid for the six NOS B7971's was $731.77USD!!!
    • Ray Fenwick
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
        Part of me wanted to bid, but other parts of me would have been removed by SWMBO if I'd dared....

        Another time, perhaps.

        Problem is that I want an 8-tube display... maybe I need to sell a kidney... :S

        Ray

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
          I can see myself on the Antiques Roadshow...

          "Currently at auction these 12 NOS B7971's could fetch close to $1500 US. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for them? $17 CDN! I guess you did quite well for yourself"

          I think I'll move the bin I have them in to a safer spot.

          --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Ray Fenwick <rayfenwick@...> wrote:

          > Part of me wanted to bid, but other parts of me would have been removed by SWMBO if I'd dared....
          >
          > Another time, perhaps.
          >
          > Problem is that I want an 8-tube display... maybe I need to sell a kidney... :S
          >
          > Ray
          > On 13 Dec 2010, at 11:44, David wrote:
          >
          > > The winning bid for the six NOS B7971's was $731.77USD!!!

        • Matt Gorbet
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010

            Nothing to see here... .<whistling quietly>...

            Yes, I have moved my bin off the basement floor in case of flooding.
            <M>