IV-17 sockets WAS Re: New file uploaded to smartsockets

  • rogerleifert
    Message 1 of 107 , Sep 30, 2010
      Hi Chris,

      > Because the tubes are multiplexed then I only need two decimal point switches to control all 8 DP's. My previous DP switch actually shorted them to ground and when not shorted the power was supplied via a pull up resistor. Crude but good enough for prototyping. Now i just need to add two pnp's and a couple of resistors to make it less power hungry. It's only 4 transistors in total for all 8 DP's

      Stupid me. Had forgotten that the tubes are multiplexed.

      > At the moment I have not used the blanking input of the HV5812 but as long as it can be switched quickly enough I have plans to use that for dimming. i know what yiou mean about thebedroom situation...bright tubes look great in the daytime but make yiou feel like you're living in times square other times.
      >
      > If I cannot get the blanking pin trick to work I think the 45V psu can easily be modded to switch in or out another resistor to give a simple two level brightness under software control.
      >
      > I just hope that i get the time to implement these things soon !
      > Chris

      Sure. If a software solution doesn't work there is always the possibility of a simple hardware-mod.

      Roger
    • smartsockets@yahoogroups.com
      Message 107 of 107 , Feb 12
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the smartsockets
        group.

        File : /John's clock/B-7971 smart sockets rev 15 Guus.pbp
        Uploaded by : guusassmann2000 <guus.assmann@...>
        Description : Changed code for 5 and 6 letter words

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        guusassmann2000 <guus.assmann@...>