ZM1350 boards have arrived

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2007
      This morning i received the boards for the ZM1350 smartsockets.

      I only glanced over them for a minute or so, but they look good. The
      holes for the socket pins are on the large side at 2mm, which is as
      I specified because there are different types fo pin receptacles
      available, all with slightly different outside diamters.

      Not such good news on the new B7971 smart socket PCB,s. I picked the
      wrong component template for the B7971, and the holes for those
      socket receptacles are 0.8mm. My Bad, So I will just have to spend a
      bit of time drilling them through properly to 2mm diamter, as well
      as correcting the board files to make sure it doesn't happen again.

      I'll need a day or two to get the ZM1350 working, I have some exams
      this week to hold me back, and I need to change the lookup tables in
      the Microcontroller to represent the pin designation changes
      required to suit the ZM1350 but as soon as it's done I'll post a
      message to that effect.

      I have a backorder of pic microcontrollers stuck in the pipeline
      somewhere, and until they arrive I have nothing which I can send
      out, but I am hoping that they are only a couple of days away.

      Chris Barron