SmartSocket - Arduino

  • michailrw
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8 4:29 PM
      Anyone make a program running the sockets directly with an Arduino yet. And would they be happy to show?

      Can the arduino directly drive the sockets (serial) or still need RS232 to TTL (doesn't seem like it would as it would already be TTL?)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13 3:38 PM
        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "michailrw" <michail1@...> wrote:

        > Anyone make a program running the sockets directly with an Arduino yet. And would they be happy to show?
        >
        > Can the arduino directly drive the sockets (serial) or still need RS232 to TTL (doesn't seem like it would as it would already be TTL?)

        I don't have any experience with Arduino's (surely a renegade band of mexican bandidos ? Or very tough wino's ?....probably loses something in translation , as they say !)

        However....... having just looked at a few Arduino resources it seems like they use a regular Atmel microcontroller and if that is the case then you definately shouldn't need to do any level translation of the serial data.

        In short, I haven't written anything for the Arduino. I do have hopes of writing code for a very competent and flexible controller using a PIC though.

        Having just had a PC crash which wiped off all my work since February I have a few other things to occupy my time for now. (John and Andrew you have the only working versions of IV-17 smartsockets in the world !)

        If you'll excuse me I'm just going to read up about backing up on windows XP pro (thanks to nothing more than a slightly badly fitting power plug on a hard disk !)