Re: [smartsockets] Re: VFD SmartSprockets

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2010
      On 3 Jun 2010, at 07:22, fixitsan2 wrote:

      > if I can buy a discrete 100V FET capable of switching 1Amp
      > (includes a margin of tolerance) for less than £1.20. If not, it
      > makes better sense to me to use a custom chip with onboard FET
      > running at a very high frequency and not requiring any processor
      > intervention.

      Hi Chris,

      Let me know your address off-list and I will send you the 3 sample
      PICs I have.

      As for the FET, Farnell have FDPF14N30 at 31pence while stocks last.
      Might this do? I can send one for you to try.
      <http://uk.farnell.com/fairchild-semiconductor/fdpf14n30/mosfet-n-
      to-220f/dp/1495242?Ntt=FDPF14N30>

      Also maybe BUZ73 at 89 pence.
      <http://uk.farnell.com/infineon/buz73al/mosfet-n-200v-to-220/dp/1471704>