Re: [smartsockets] One or two very-beta testers sought for IV-17 SS

    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2010
      On 5 May 2010, at 15:47, fixitsan2 wrote:

      > Is there anyone in the UK (preferably, for the sake of postage) who
      > would be interested in beta testing an IV-17 smartsocket ?
      > You would need to build a display of 4 IV-17's wired in parallel,
      > which would be driven by an HV5812 or A6812 vfd driver chip, which
      > you source for yourself.
      >
      > I can provide the programmed controller IC, a pic18F26j50 (or J11)
      > and full schematic. I'm only looking for general feedback and
      > positive encouragement at this time.
      >
      > Andrew Jardine, if you're reading, I responded to your email which
      > had fallen into my spam folder somehow. Hopefully my reply didn't
      > fall into yours !
      >
      > Chris

      Hi Chris, yes I am up for the task. I have some spare drivers kicking
      around somewhere I think. I have three pic18F26j50 I can send you,
      advise your present address please. Or send me the code and I will burn.

      I am in contact with Andrew Jardine and know he is keen on firing up
      some VFDs.

      Consider yourself given some positive encouragement Chris,

      John