Re: Interconnect?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2007
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "gopstein" <rich@...> wrote:

      > The parts list doesn't mention which 5-pin connector you use or what
      > you use for the interconnect wires between the boards. I took a look
      > at the Digikey catalog and found lots of things which might work.
      >
      > Rich

      Hi,
      It doesn't matter which 5-way connectors you use, or even if you
      use 5-way ribbon cable, as I have done in one situation.

      If you buy the boards from me I fit a right angled AMP 5pin male
      socket, and supply the female mating part with 5 terminal pins. If
      you want to keep costs just use anything you can get which has the
      right pitch and is on special offer, as long as it meets the
      electrical specs it will work.

      I'll check the actual Tyco/Amp partnumbers of the parts I supply
      later, and update the parts list.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2007
        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "gopstein" <rich@...> wrote:

        > The parts list doesn't mention which 5-pin connector you use or what
        > you use for the interconnect wires between the boards. I took a look
        > at the Digikey catalog and found lots of things which might work.
        >
        > Rich

        Rich, I see lots of options at Digikey. The only requirement is the
        2.54mm 0.1" pin pitch, the choice of the exact type of socket is upto
        you and your preferences

        The ones I use are Tyco Amp parts, known as HE14 series connectors.

        5 pin header, single row, right angle
        RS 532-119 / Tyco Amp 281698-5

        5 pin socket shell
        RS 532-355 / Tyco Amp 281838-5

        Individual pins for socket shell, should be available from the socket
        shell vendor. I have used RS 532-456 / Amp 182734-2.

        RS is www.rswww.com