Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [smartsockets] Re: Modificatios needed if pins are changed, Starburst LED displays

Expand Messages
  • Quixotic Nixotic
    ... OK that s done for you Simon. Uploaded. PBP doesn t like double dot extensions, so it s been renamed Smart LED starburst v1_1.hex. The displays look good.
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 91 KB
    On 28 Mar 2010, at 12:35, shklaw75 wrote:

    > I have uploaded the edited code to Files > Smart LED starburst
    > \Smart LED starburst v1.1.pbp
    > If someone one could compile the code to a hex file, I can test it
    > out and hopefully we will have a working starburst LED smartsocket!
    >
    OK that's done for you Simon. Uploaded. PBP doesn't like double dot
    extensions, so it's been renamed Smart LED starburst v1_1.hex.

    The displays look good.

    I have some starburst displays, but they are common anode and have a
    different pinout. They are specials made for PINLED, the pinball LED
    display company, http://www.pinled.de/. The segments match the
    burroughs tubes though, ie they don't have a double segment top and
    bottom.

    John S
  • fixitsan2
    ... Lol, I wondered if we were going to duplicate the work. I also did a version called ....v1-1.pbp .At least we know yahoogroups are working ! Chris
    Message 2 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@...> wrote:

      > OK that's done for you Simon. Uploaded. PBP doesn't like double dot
      > extensions, so it's been renamed Smart LED starburst v1_1.hex.
      >

      Lol, I wondered if we were going to duplicate the work. I also did a version called ....v1-1.pbp .At least we know yahoogroups are working !

      Chris
    • shklaw75
      ... Thanks guys for compiling the code. All works! Just been testing it by sending the commands manually through hyperterminal, but its a lot easier through
      Message 3 of 6 , Mar 29, 2010
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "fixitsan2" <fixitsan@...> wrote:
        >
        > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@> wrote:
        >
        > > OK that's done for you Simon. Uploaded. PBP doesn't like double dot
        > > extensions, so it's been renamed Smart LED starburst v1_1.hex.
        > >
        > Lol, I wondered if we were going to duplicate the work. I also did a version called ....v1-1.pbp .At least we know yahoogroups are working !
        >
        > Chris
        >

        Thanks guys for compiling the code. All works!
        Just been testing it by sending the commands manually through hyperterminal, but its a lot easier through John Taylor's SmartSocket serial controller in his calculators and utilities program.

        I will update the eagle files as they have a couple of mistakes in them.

        Now to think of some interesting stuff to sent to them from the PC.....

        Many thanks.
        Simon
      • fixitsan2
        ... I support the idea that we should keep working towards making The internet of things a reality and we should start hooking more things up to the
        Message 4 of 6 , Mar 29, 2010
        • 0 Attachment
          --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "shklaw75" <shklaw75@...> wrote:

          > Now to think of some interesting stuff to sent to them from the PC.....
          >
          > Many thanks.
          > Simon
          >


          I support the idea that we should keep working towards making 'The internet of things' a reality and we should start hooking more things up to the internet. The great thing here is because we are dealing with slow rates and low volumes of data, sending files and messages via the TFTP protocal would be easy to implement because TFTP doesn't need a huge stack.

          Chris
          Zach Shelby's blog http://zachshelby.org/ for Internet of Things and the relevance to 6LowPan technology
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.