Modificatios needed if pins are changed, Starburst LED displays

  • Guus
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 25, 2010
      Just now, I've uploaded two files.
      I'm not sure if it's the latest version, but it does show where changes are needed.
      On my design, only 4 pins were changed.
      The correct files are on a computer that I don't have available right now. If the correct file is needed after all, please let me know.
      If I remember correctly, changes are needed on 9 spots. These are some tables and routines as well.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Guus" <guus.assmann@...> wrote:

        > Just now, I've uploaded two files.
        > I'm not sure if it's the latest version, but it does show where changes are needed.
        > On my design, only 4 pins were changed.
        > The correct files are on a computer that I don't have available right now. If the correct file is needed after all, please let me know.
        > If I remember correctly, changes are needed on 9 spots. These are some tables and routines as well.

        Thanks Guus for the code.
        Doing a document compare between Guus's code and Chris's original code, I can see where Guus has edited the code to change the seg/pin assignments.
        The two areas of changes we have talked about so far, Guus has done, but another area which needs changing is the code for effect 6 (bits). This effect also addresses port pins directly.
        Not understanding the code, but able to see the pattern for Guus's pin changes, I have edited the code to (hopefully!) work with the new pin assignments for the starburst LED's.

        I have uploaded the edited code to Files > Smart LED starburst\Smart LED starburst v1.1.pbp
        If someone one could compile the code to a hex file, I can test it out and hopefully we will have a working starburst LED smartsocket!

        I have also uploaded some pics of the sockets I have made up.

        Cheers.
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
        On 28 Mar 2010, at 12:35, shklaw75 wrote:

        > I have uploaded the edited code to Files > Smart LED starburst
        > \Smart LED starburst v1.1.pbp
        > If someone one could compile the code to a hex file, I can test it
        > out and hopefully we will have a working starburst LED smartsocket!

        OK that's done for you Simon. Uploaded. PBP doesn't like double dot
        extensions, so it's been renamed Smart LED starburst v1_1.hex.

        The displays look good.

        I have some starburst displays, but they are common anode and have a
        different pinout. They are specials made for PINLED, the pinball LED
        display company, http://www.pinled.de/. The segments match the
        burroughs tubes though, ie they don't have a double segment top and
        bottom.

        Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
          --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@...> wrote:

          > OK that's done for you Simon. Uploaded. PBP doesn't like double dot
          > extensions, so it's been renamed Smart LED starburst v1_1.hex.

          Lol, I wondered if we were going to duplicate the work. I also did a version called ....v1-1.pbp .At least we know yahoogroups are working !

          Message 5 of 6 , Mar 29, 2010

            > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@> wrote:
            >
            > > OK that's done for you Simon. Uploaded. PBP doesn't like double dot
            > > extensions, so it's been renamed Smart LED starburst v1_1.hex.
            > >
            > Lol, I wondered if we were going to duplicate the work. I also did a version called ....v1-1.pbp .At least we know yahoogroups are working !
            >
            > Chris

            Thanks guys for compiling the code. All works!
            Just been testing it by sending the commands manually through hyperterminal, but its a lot easier through John Taylor's SmartSocket serial controller in his calculators and utilities program.

            I will update the eagle files as they have a couple of mistakes in them.

            Now to think of some interesting stuff to sent to them from the PC.....

            Many thanks.
            Message 6 of 6 , Mar 29, 2010
              --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "shklaw75" <shklaw75@...> wrote:

              > Now to think of some interesting stuff to sent to them from the PC.....
              >
              > Many thanks.
              > Simon

              I support the idea that we should keep working towards making 'The internet of things' a reality and we should start hooking more things up to the internet. The great thing here is because we are dealing with slow rates and low volumes of data, sending files and messages via the TFTP protocal would be easy to implement because TFTP doesn't need a huge stack.

              Chris
              Zach Shelby's blog http://zachshelby.org/ for Internet of Things and the relevance to 6LowPan technology