Re: ZM1350 PCB's

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2007
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "gopstein" <rich@...> wrote:

      > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <fixitsan@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Rich Gopstein <rich@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > You might want to leave the connection for the keep-alive just
      in
      > > case
      > > > someone wants/needs to implement it in the future.
      > > >

      > > The only reason for keeping it would be if someone wanted to
      > > multiplex, but then the smartsocket firmware doesn't support
      > > multiplexed operation. Perhaps you mean it that someone might
      want to
      > > use the boards without components but just as plain sockets ?
      Then I
      > > could see it being useful.
      > >

      > > Cheers
      > > Chris
      > >

      > I thought it might be used even without multiplexed operation, but I
      > didn't really know why it was there, so I was just guessing.
      >
      > Rich

      What I did was to make room for it knowing it would pronbably not be
      needed !
      In the absence of a physical device to test the software with I had
      to errr on the side of caution, because although the sockets aren't
      multiplexed, they use fast PWM in things like the fade routine, which
      is similar to muxing when looked at in terms of switching.

      I didn't have aproblem with the B7971's wiht this system and am quite
      sure the ZM1350 will be just as good as that and not need the keep
      alive, but it's there for now, just in case.

      Perhaps after all I'll leave the tracks there because now that I've
      looked at it a second time, removing that resistor will not make the
      board any smaller.