Re: [smartsockets] Re: ZM1350 PCB's

  • Rich Gopstein
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23, 2007
      Chris wrote:

      > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Rich Gopstein <rich@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I ordered a full set of parts from Digikey, so I assume you'd be
      > > willing to sell the blank boards?
      >
      > Not a problem, but out of interest what values resistors did you
      > choose for the cathodes, I haven't begun to work those values out yet

      The resistor values are part of the specification docs. I used the ones
      for 170v:

      http://www.die-wuestens.de/rd/ZM1350/ZM1350.pdf

      Rich
    • gopstein
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2007
        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <fixitsan@...> wrote:

        > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Rich Gopstein <rich@> wrote:
        > >
        > > You might want to leave the connection for the keep-alive just in
        > case
        > > someone wants/needs to implement it in the future.
        > >

        > The only reason for keeping it would be if someone wanted to
        > multiplex, but then the smartsocket firmware doesn't support
        > multiplexed operation. Perhaps you mean it that someone might want to
        > use the boards without components but just as plain sockets ? Then I
        > could see it being useful.
        >

        > Cheers
        > Chris

        I thought it might be used even without multiplexed operation, but I
        didn't really know why it was there, so I was just guessing.

        Rich
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 24, 2007
          --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "gopstein" <rich@...> wrote:

          > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <fixitsan@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Rich Gopstein <rich@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > You might want to leave the connection for the keep-alive just
          in
          > > case
          > > > someone wants/needs to implement it in the future.
          > > >

          > > The only reason for keeping it would be if someone wanted to
          > > multiplex, but then the smartsocket firmware doesn't support
          > > multiplexed operation. Perhaps you mean it that someone might
          want to
          > > use the boards without components but just as plain sockets ?
          Then I
          > > could see it being useful.
          > >

          > > Cheers
          > > Chris
          > >

          > I thought it might be used even without multiplexed operation, but I
          > didn't really know why it was there, so I was just guessing.
          >
          > Rich

          What I did was to make room for it knowing it would pronbably not be
          needed !
          In the absence of a physical device to test the software with I had
          to errr on the side of caution, because although the sockets aren't
          multiplexed, they use fast PWM in things like the fade routine, which
          is similar to muxing when looked at in terms of switching.

          I didn't have aproblem with the B7971's wiht this system and am quite
          sure the ZM1350 will be just as good as that and not need the keep
          alive, but it's there for now, just in case.

          Perhaps after all I'll leave the tracks there because now that I've
          looked at it a second time, removing that resistor will not make the
          board any smaller.