Re: [smartsockets] Re: 16 segment LED smartsocket?

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010
      On 2 Mar 2010, at 08:23, shklaw75 wrote:

      --- In smartsockets@ yahoogroups. com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@.. .> wrote:

      > Yes it is Simon. It's simply easier to remember what port pin does
      > what if you give it a more meaningful variable name. If Chris is too
      > busy I can probably swap the ports around for you in PICBASIC and
      > send you a new hex file.
      >
      > John S

      Thanks for the kind offer John. I will drop you an email once I have tested the new displays and worked out what needs to go to what.

      Cheers.
      Simon

      OK, no probs. Where are you getting your blue starbursts from? Me I very much want.

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@...> wrote:

        > OK, no probs. Where are you getting your blue starbursts from? Me I
        > very much want.
        >
        > John S

        Hehe, it is not actually a blue starburst, it is reflections of blue leds of ones own charlieplex clock! With all the looking around I have been doing looking for 16 segment displays, I have not come across blue versions, they would be fantastic!
      • andybiker2
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
          --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "shklaw75" <shklaw75@...> wrote:

          > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@> wrote:
          >
          > > OK, no probs. Where are you getting your blue starbursts from? Me I
          > > very much want.
          > >
          > > John S
          > >

          > Hehe, it is not actually a blue starburst, it is reflections of blue leds of ones own charlieplex clock! With all the looking around I have been doing looking for 16 segment displays, I have not come across blue versions, they would be fantastic!

          http://www.lc-led.com/View/itemNumber/378

          Like This?
          now where can we get them easily?
          Andrew
        • David Chambers
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 4, 2010
            Hi,
            I have used Lc-led, they are very good. I made a series of 1 digit
            clocks using their big 4" led displays. Use the "sample" option.

            Regards, David