Re: 16 segment LED smartsocket?

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2010
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "shklaw75" <shklaw75@...> wrote:

      > Cheers.
      > Simon
      >
      > PS. Looking forward to getting some IV-4/IV-17 smartsockets going as well!

      I'm still working through various bits of code and various functions to enhance the basic device. Maybe I should create two distinct versions, one which does not have the clock or the 'Letterplay' functions but is instead just a simple 4 tube display, and another seperate with the bells and whistles. Anyway, I have got the RTC section working well, and am toying with a few time display ideas.

      Does anyone have a favourite way of displaying the time on 4 tubes ?

      Once I have that working I only need to produce a few routines for the letterplay stuff and attach a physical user user interface, which will be either a rotary encoder with pushbutton, or capacitive touch sensing pads.
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010
        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@...> wrote:

        > Yes it is Simon. It's simply easier to remember what port pin does
        > what if you give it a more meaningful variable name. If Chris is too
        > busy I can probably swap the ports around for you in PICBASIC and
        > send you a new hex file.
        >
        > John S

        Thanks for the kind offer John. I will drop you an email once I have tested the new displays and worked out what needs to go to what.

        Cheers.
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010

          > Maybe I should create two distinct versions, one which does not have the clock or the 'Letterplay' functions but is instead just a simple 4 tube display, and another seperate with the bells and whistles. Anyway, I have got the RTC section working well, and am toying with a few time display ideas.

          I think two versions would be great, a simple 4 tube display to receive data from PC/serial source/other smart sockets and another version with the extra features.

          Cheers.
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010

            On 2 Mar 2010, at 08:23, shklaw75 wrote:

            --- In smartsockets@ yahoogroups. com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@.. .> wrote:

            > Yes it is Simon. It's simply easier to remember what port pin does
            > what if you give it a more meaningful variable name. If Chris is too
            > busy I can probably swap the ports around for you in PICBASIC and
            > send you a new hex file.
            >
            > John S

            Thanks for the kind offer John. I will drop you an email once I have tested the new displays and worked out what needs to go to what.

            Cheers.
            Simon

            OK, no probs. Where are you getting your blue starbursts from? Me I very much want.

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
              --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@...> wrote:

              > OK, no probs. Where are you getting your blue starbursts from? Me I
              > very much want.
              >
              > John S

              Hehe, it is not actually a blue starburst, it is reflections of blue leds of ones own charlieplex clock! With all the looking around I have been doing looking for 16 segment displays, I have not come across blue versions, they would be fantastic!
            • andybiker2
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
                --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "shklaw75" <shklaw75@...> wrote:

                > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@> wrote:
                >
                > > OK, no probs. Where are you getting your blue starbursts from? Me I
                > > very much want.
                > >
                > > John S
                > >

                > Hehe, it is not actually a blue starburst, it is reflections of blue leds of ones own charlieplex clock! With all the looking around I have been doing looking for 16 segment displays, I have not come across blue versions, they would be fantastic!

                http://www.lc-led.com/View/itemNumber/378

                Like This?
                now where can we get them easily?
                Andrew
              • David Chambers
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 4, 2010
                  Hi,
                  I have used Lc-led, they are very good. I made a series of 1 digit
                  clocks using their big 4" led displays. Use the "sample" option.

                  Regards, David