2 tube B-7971 clock almost complete

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 12:49 AM
      It might seem strange to only use two tubes, but my original 2 tube
      nixie clock has always been well received.
      I've re-written the code to operate two smart sockets
      There are many adjustable parameters for the clock, it makes full use
      of font and effect and speed selection.
      The displays routine is editable, the hours can be shown for between
      1-5 seconds, the minutes shown for between 1-5 seconds, and the
      seconds and an intercycle blanking period can be set to between 0-5
      seconds.
      There is an alarm and a programmable night-time blanking command.
      The user interface is a good quality rotary encoder and the settings
      are selected via a menu system....whereas in my nixie tube version
      the menus were selected by their menu numbers, I've used a scrolling
      word system with this B-7971 version, because that's what these tubes
      can do !
      There is an adjustment feature to enable the timing to be fine tuned
      to take into consideration the way temperature and ageing effects
      affect the accuracy of the 4MHz crystal timebase, making it possible
      to have excellent long term timing accuracy.
      The clock chip circuit is very simple, I am considering having some
      small PCB's made but the circuit will be able to be built quickly and
      run reliably on a small piece of pcb prototyping board.
      I will probably offer a few sets of 2-tube sockets and a clock chip
      for sale soon.

      Best Regards