Re: IV-4 vs IV-17

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2010
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "michailrw" <michail1@...> wrote:

      > I believe they are the same size. Nothing special between the two, but there must be a reason for having each.

      There can't be much of a difference but I bet the answer is in the datasheet Probably the only variation might be a few small changes to the grade of materials used to make them.

      I recall doing a lifetime test on the IV-4 which still worked as well as an unused tube even after all segments had been set permanently on (non multiplexed) for the full rated lifetime period, so maybe the datasheet isn't the most accurate !

      For comparison, In my videos of the iv-4/iv-17 smartsocket, the two tubes on the left are IV-4 and the right two are IV-17.