Re: ZM-1350 boards?

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 12, 2007
      Hi Matt,
      Okay then I'll try to get another batch done as soon as possible.

      I relaid the board on Eagle lastnight, and so far I've managed to shave
      a quarter inch off all around, and hopefully a bit more.

      Yes, everything will work exactly the same for any 14 segment display.

      I'm a bit busy with University work this week but it's going to stick
      in my mind that I need to get it finished.

      Chris

      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Gorbet" <mgonline@...> wrote:

      > Hey Chris,
      >
      > If you are in fact going to have more B7971 PCBs fabbed, I'll likely
      buy
      > some more from you - I'm still holding out hope that we can find
      enough
      > 7971s to make 2 more "from me to you"s.
      >
      > I may get some B5971s as well, but I assume changes would be fairly
      > minor to your board if we had 5971s and sockets - really just
      different
      > resistors, same code right?

    • Matt Gorbet
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 12, 2007
        Thanks - no rush, hoping to get the tubes first anyway... :)

        <M>

        On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 07:57:10 -0000, "Chris" <fixitsan@...> said:
        > Hi Matt,
        > Okay then I'll try to get another batch done as soon as possible.
        >
        > I relaid the board on Eagle lastnight, and so far I've managed to shave
        > a quarter inch off all around, and hopefully a bit more.
        >
        > Yes, everything will work exactly the same for any 14 segment display.
        >
        > I'm a bit busy with University work this week but it's going to stick
        > in my mind that I need to get it finished.
        >
        > Chris
        >

        > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Gorbet" <mgonline@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Hey Chris,
        > >
        > > If you are in fact going to have more B7971 PCBs fabbed, I'll likely
        > buy
        > > some more from you - I'm still holding out hope that we can find
        > enough
        > > 7971s to make 2 more "from me to you"s.
        > >
        > > I may get some B5971s as well, but I assume changes would be fairly
        > > minor to your board if we had 5971s and sockets - really just
        > different
        > > resistors, same code right?

      • gopstein
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 14, 2007
          Chris,

          Looks like your ZM-1350 Eagle library part is perfect. I printed it
          out 1:1 and the pins on the real device lined up fine. Thanks!

          Rich
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 15, 2007
            --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "gopstein" <rich@...> wrote:

            > Chris,
            >
            > Looks like your ZM-1350 Eagle library part is perfect. I printed it
            > out 1:1 and the pins on the real device lined up fine. Thanks!
            >
            > Rich

            Thanks for that Rich, I was about to order a ZM1350 because I thought
            that would be the best way tot est it, your test has reassured me a
            great deal.
            I worked down to 0.1mm whcih ought to be accurate enough where socket
            pin receptacles which have a tolerance greater than that are used.

            The board shop I want to use will only acccept Gerber format and not
            Eagle, and they say there seems to be a problem with my Gerber output
            which I created using the Eagle 'Cam processor' plug-in.

            I will try to convert it again today at the University, on one machne
            i have access to there are several bespoke PCB creation packages
            which, if I can make them work, should solve the problem !