Re: B7971 - Smart Program DOS avail.

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2010
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, michail1@... wrote:

      > Recently I got 15x B7971 tubes.
      > I have now ordered socket kits for them.
      >
      > I can't seem to find a program to run them other than
      > premade/pre-programmed chips to do things like a clock, etc.
      >
      > I was hoping to find out if there is a program available to run them.
      >
      > Basically, like a Basic (gwbasic, whatever) to open the port and send a
      > string/clock string, etc to them.

      Michail, don't forget that you can use Windows Hyperterminal to do this.
      At one time I was using that exclusively to test Smartockets. Under one of the menus is an option to send a file, I used to create files of instrictions and transmit it to the Smartsockets via the serial port and a level shifter.

      Aftter that I used a terminal program (forgotten it's name now) which let the user insert pauses between commands , like we used to do when we used to have to connect to the internet and BBS's, and finally I used a Psion 5mx to do that simply because it was portable.

      There are plenty of terminal programs which you can boot up and start sending commands with straight away, and I would recommend one which supports scripts/file transfers, too

      Chris
    • y2kvaguy
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 28, 2010
        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, michail1@... wrote:

        > Recently I got 15x B7971 tubes.
        > I have now ordered socket kits for them.

        Lucky you. Those suckers are hard to find.