Re: Betr: [smartsockets] B7971 - Smart Program DOS (Basic)

  • Charles MacDonald
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2010
      michail1@... wrote:

      > I guess I should be more clear.
      >
      > Is there a program in basic (gwbasic) which can be run from a DOS boot
      > disk to drive the smart sockets.

      Microsoft BASIC, (GWBASIC) is kinda old, I don't think they supported it
      past DOS 6.2

      (mind you, freedos does seem to have some basic interpreters...
      http://www.freedos.org/cgi-bin/lsm.cgi?mode=dir&dir=devel )

      What do you want to do? Just test the setup or transfer some data from
      somewhere. I would think that almost any language should be able to
      print to a port, and your programming would be dependent on what data
      you wanted to send to the port.

      Of course thee days you may have to use an OLD PC to even find a RS-232
      Serial port.

      --
      Charles MacDonald Stittsville Ontario
      cmacd@... Just Beyond the Fringe