Re: [smartsockets] Re: ZM-1350 boards?

  • Matt Gorbet
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 11, 2007
      Hey Chris,

      If you are in fact going to have more B7971 PCBs fabbed, I'll likely buy
      some more from you - I'm still holding out hope that we can find enough
      7971s to make 2 more "from me to you"s.

      I may get some B5971s as well, but I assume changes would be fairly
      minor to your board if we had 5971s and sockets - really just different
      resistors, same code right?

      <M>

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 12, 2007
        Hi Matt,
        Okay then I'll try to get another batch done as soon as possible.

        I relaid the board on Eagle lastnight, and so far I've managed to shave
        a quarter inch off all around, and hopefully a bit more.

        Yes, everything will work exactly the same for any 14 segment display.

        I'm a bit busy with University work this week but it's going to stick
        in my mind that I need to get it finished.

        Chris

        --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Gorbet" <mgonline@...> wrote:

        > Hey Chris,
        >
        > If you are in fact going to have more B7971 PCBs fabbed, I'll likely
        buy
        > some more from you - I'm still holding out hope that we can find
        enough
        > 7971s to make 2 more "from me to you"s.
        >
        > I may get some B5971s as well, but I assume changes would be fairly
        > minor to your board if we had 5971s and sockets - really just
        different
        > resistors, same code right?

      • Matt Gorbet
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 12, 2007
          Thanks - no rush, hoping to get the tubes first anyway... :)

          <M>

          On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 07:57:10 -0000, "Chris" <fixitsan@...> said:
          > Hi Matt,
          > Okay then I'll try to get another batch done as soon as possible.
          >
          > I relaid the board on Eagle lastnight, and so far I've managed to shave
          > a quarter inch off all around, and hopefully a bit more.
          >
          > Yes, everything will work exactly the same for any 14 segment display.
          >
          > I'm a bit busy with University work this week but it's going to stick
          > in my mind that I need to get it finished.
          >
          > Chris
          >

          > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Gorbet" <mgonline@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Hey Chris,
          > >
          > > If you are in fact going to have more B7971 PCBs fabbed, I'll likely
          > buy
          > > some more from you - I'm still holding out hope that we can find
          > enough
          > > 7971s to make 2 more "from me to you"s.
          > >
          > > I may get some B5971s as well, but I assume changes would be fairly
          > > minor to your board if we had 5971s and sockets - really just
          > different
          > > resistors, same code right?

        • gopstein
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 14, 2007
            Chris,

            Looks like your ZM-1350 Eagle library part is perfect. I printed it
            out 1:1 and the pins on the real device lined up fine. Thanks!

            Rich
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 15, 2007
              --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "gopstein" <rich@...> wrote:

              > Chris,
              >
              > Looks like your ZM-1350 Eagle library part is perfect. I printed it
              > out 1:1 and the pins on the real device lined up fine. Thanks!
              >
              > Rich

              Thanks for that Rich, I was about to order a ZM1350 because I thought
              that would be the best way tot est it, your test has reassured me a
              great deal.
              I worked down to 0.1mm whcih ought to be accurate enough where socket
              pin receptacles which have a tolerance greater than that are used.

              The board shop I want to use will only acccept Gerber format and not
              Eagle, and they say there seems to be a problem with my Gerber output
              which I created using the Eagle 'Cam processor' plug-in.

              I will try to convert it again today at the University, on one machne
              i have access to there are several bespoke PCB creation packages
              which, if I can make them work, should solve the problem !