Re: Fwd: [smartsockets] Where and what?  B7971

  • v_f_d
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2010
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, michail1@... wrote:

      > I thought that there was already a board available which was setup
      > basically to replace the FLW Four Letter Word... ...but would rather > have a clock with cycling a date a few second of the minute and/or
      > maybe words.
      >
      > But, need/want it self contained. No computer necessary (RTC)

      Note that Quixotic Nixotic "whoop_john" (John S.) has a four letter word project at:
      http://www.clock-it.net/smartsockets/

      He can provide a pre-programmed PIC and an EEPROM at a very reasonable price. You could have a functioning four letter word until such time as the fancier 6-digit time/date/message driver is available.

      Vince
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2010
        On 18 Jan 2010, at 18:56, michail1@... wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I thought that there was already a board available which was setup
        > basically to replace the FLW Four Letter Word setup since it
        > appears he hasn't shipped in years.

        I have made a simple microcontroller and serial memory pair that
        seems to be quite popular. It replaces the FLW in the sense that it
        has about every four letter word in the English language and
        abbreviations and acronyms too. It has all the rude words also, but
        there is a setting to switch these on or off to suit your prurience
        level.

        My chips alternate between showing the date and random words and do
        this in various ways. There is more information on my website at:
        http://www.clock-it.net/smartsockets/index.html
        http://www.clock-it.net/smartsockets/what_it_does.html

        Regards,