Re: Driving the smartsockets- 6 digit clock, scrolling message

    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 20 6:40 AM

      Before anyone feels the need to correct me...

      >PS my spelling is lousy at times too, don't worry , it's content over >quality as far as I'm concerned !

      I did of course mean quality of content over quality of spelling !

      Having finished looking at PICs I think the 18F46J50 is going to be my favoured choice for the Smartsocket controller, given that it looks to have two I2C/SPI channels together with two EUARTS which means it could also drive an I2C sensor/memory device, as well as receive data from a TTL serial source (Perhaps read SMS messages from a mobile phone, or get email headers via ethernet ?)

      Chris
    • v_f_d
      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 20 9:07 AM

        > I did of course mean quality of content over quality of spelling !

        Thanks Chris. It was only after making the "rookie" mistake of deleting my previous post so I could edit it and re-submit a couple of times that it occurred to me that though just the most current version would be posted on the message board, everyone receiving e-mails would have three instead of one. Sorry, didn't mean to clog up everyone's inbox!

        > Having finished looking at PICs I think the 18F46J50 is going to be my favoured choice for the Smartsocket controller,...

        Thanks for the updates on both the IV-17 smartsockets and master driver plans. Sounds good to me!

        Vince