Re: Tube sockets and underscores

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 8, 2007
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Wolfe" <k3qvken@...> wrote:

      > Chris,John,
      >
      > I found those Harwin pins at Mouser so I won't get smacked for
      > overseas shipping.
      >
      > Mouser number: 855-H3161-01 Harwin number: H3161-01
      >
      > Chris...Just in case, are there more boards and processors
      available
      > if I decide to expand? I want to see if these will suit my needs
      first.

      > Thanks guys,
      > Ken

      That's good Ken, I was concerned that I had specified using a part
      made of unobtanium.

      I think I only have 4 boards left, and might consider having another
      run made, the option to do that is always there.
      I have 10 processors in stock now, after a small period of non-
      supply.
      John, by the way, I received your returns, thank you.

      Let me know if you have any more problems Ken,

      Cheers
      Chris
    • Ken Wolfe
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 24, 2007
        Chris,
        I finally started to populate the boards tonight (yay!)

        I have one question. What value is R-31? I looked through what
        paperwork I have and haven't decided on a value. I have a habit of
        not reading everything before I start. (It's a guy thing).

        Thanks!
        Ken

      • fixitsan@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 25, 2007
          Hello Ken, that's good news !
          R31 is the anode resistor and is optional. It's optional in the sense that if you use a 170Vdc power supply then you only need to bridge the pads with a wire because the cathode resistors were selected for a 170V HV supply.
          Another builder is using a 200V supply and we reckoned on 10K being about right for R31.

          Let me know if you need more information
          Chris
        • Ken Wolfe
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 25, 2007
            Thanks Chris