PCB's for Smartsockets - Group buy

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 8 2:38 AM
      If any of the previous board buyers/sellers are watching there are now 22 boards required. I haven't bought boards for a long time, not sure about MOC's.

      Is anyone else looking for some boards ? I think an order for 30 should attract a satisfactory price from board houses. Only 8 more are required to get there.

      Chris
    • Brian P. Poi
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 8 7:06 AM
        > Is anyone else looking for some boards ? I think an order for 30 should
        attract a satisfactory price from board houses. Only 8 more are required to
        get there.

        I'd be willing to buy 6 boards if anyone does an order.

        Brian Poi
      • Marco Conforto
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 8 9:11 AM
          Considering we order more than 30, how much do they run for approximately? I'm willing to buy some, between 12 and 20, been thinking of a project with them!

          Marco
          from Brazil
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 8 12:18 PM
            --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Marco Conforto" <cagamba@...> wrote:

            > Considering we order more than 30, how much do they run for approximately? I'm willing to buy some, between 12 and 20, been thinking of a project with them!
            >
            > Marco
            > from Brazil

            Hi Marco,
            including your order the total is now over 40. I will need to shop around to look at prices. You had a large batch made up previously, what were the costs involved then ?

            And if anyone else wants to get a quote they should feel free too !
          • GMazaitis
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 8 1:31 PM
              --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <fixitsan@...> wrote:

              > If any of the previous board buyers/sellers are watching there are now 22 boards required. I haven't bought boards for a long time, not sure about MOC's.
              >
              > Is anyone else looking for some boards ? I think an order for 30 should attract a satisfactory price from board houses. Only 8 more are required to get there.
              >

              > Chris

              I'd buy six.
              ....George M.
            • Steve Ripper
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 8 5:04 PM
                I will take 6 PCB's if this will help reach the goal.

                Steve Ripper
                steveripper@...
                248-787-0705

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 8 7:21 PM
                  --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <fixitsan@...> wrote:

                  > You had a large batch made up previously, what were the costs involved then ?

                  Did I?? :)

                  (could that be 'we' instead of 'you'?
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 9 12:56 AM
                    --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Marco Conforto" <cagamba@...> wrote:

                    > --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <fixitsan@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > You had a large batch made up previously, what were the costs involved then ?
                    > >

                    > Did I?? :)
                    >
                    > (could that be 'we' instead of 'you'?

                    Okay !

                    Could you remind me about something regarding those boards, when they arrived the holes for the pin receptacles were the correct size, yet when I placed an order with the previous board house, using the Eagle format files in the files section, the holes for th4e pin receptacles came back undersize.

                    Do you recall making any changes, and would it be wise to update the files in the file section to reflect that ?

                    Chris
                  • taylorjpt
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 15 9:49 AM
                      > Could you remind me about something regarding those boards, when they arrived the holes for the pin receptacles were the correct size, yet when I placed an order with the previous board house, using the Eagle format files in the files section, the holes for th4e pin receptacles came back undersize.
                      >
                      > Do you recall making any changes, and would it be wise to update the files in the file section to reflect that ?
                      >
                      > Chris

                      The hole sizes on the Eagle CADD file looked right for a loose fit (0.086" diameter) but if not specified as "After plating" these can shrink by a factor of 2 x PlateThickness, or 1.4mils per oz = 2.8mil smaller than the drill. If a HASL "Tin" plate is used, this could subtract another 5 to 10 mils for a large hole... now your 0.086" hole is 0.0732" in diameter which is the exact diameter of the pin! (Smaller if you use the press-fit pins with knurling). Let's not even consider hole size tolerance, drill wear and drill spiral.

                      The re-design specifies 0.086 after plating (up 1 oz) as well as a 20mm hole for the tube end so you should not have a problem.

                      http://www.tayloredge.com/reference/Circuits/1386SmartSocket/1386.gif

                      jt