Looking for PCBs / Tube Pricing Questions?

  • n9wiv
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2008
      Hi,

      I'm a new member to the group and I have been itching for a project
      that uses Nixie tubes. I think I would like to build something using
      Smart Sockets and I was curious if there are PCBs available. I'm in
      the US and looking for at least 6.

      Additionally, can anyone tell me what the going price is for the
      B-7971 tubes?

      Thanks,
      Chris
    • Steve Ripper
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2008
        Hello Chris:

        The following is a summary of Ebay auction prices for the B-7971 Nixie
        tube. This summary is for tube only auctions and does not include any
        data for auctions that included other items such as tube sockets,
        PCB's, or other hardware. The data does not include any shipping
        charges, packing or handling fess, or any other cost associated with
        the auctions. All overseas currencies sales where converted to US
        dollars based on the international banking exchange rate for the
        closing date of the auction.

        Study Period: July 23, 2007 to August 3, 2008
        Total Number of Tube Sold: 416
        Total Purchase Price of the 416 Tubes: $18,465.97
        Average Price per Tube: $44.39
        Highest Price Paid per Tube: $81.88 on June 23, 2008
        Lowest Price Paid per Tube: $20.00 on March 15, 2008
        Total number of Auctions: 99
        Average Number of Tubes per Auction: 4.20

        If you would like to see a nice chart of the results, I have uploaded
        the a PDF chart to the B7971 folder in the files section.

        Steve R.