Re: 2/4 - tube boards

    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2008
      In thinking about this some more, I am going to do some experimenting
      with shift registers to see if I can run 4 tubes independently.

      The reason is that the Supertex HV5522 (and similar) have 32 outputs
      each.

      A 4-tube board might consist of 2 HV5522's, a microcontroller and a
      switched mode HV supply. The boards would then only require a 12V
      supply and the data signal.

      Need to test this out, but it could possibly made for less than it
      costs to make 4 individual sockets. A 2-tube version sing a single
      HV5522 could be a real possibility.

      I will do some testing on this to see if I can get shift registers and
      a micro to work together well enough to still provide independent
      control of each digit.