Re: Smartsockets board design

    Message 1 of 12 , May 15 12:24 AM
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Brett Paulin <yahoogroups@...>
      wrote:

      Thanks for the input over SMD components, I really must get myself to
      do something about it. I think i just use through hole because it is
      still readily available, but would like to try some SMD before it
      becomes compulsory !

      > Another idea *if* you are doing a board redesign - maybe run some
      wide
      > edge-connector style tracks to each edge of the board with the data-
      in,
      > data-out lines flipped appropriately so if you are mounting the
      boards all
      > next to each other (most likely), then you can just bridge links
      (perhaps the
      > cut-off through-hole leads - ;) ) from one board to the other to
      link them
      > together and then you dont need to spend ages making all the inter-
      board
      > connector cables.

      Edge connectors on the side ? Great idea !
      I guess I would need to make the tracks across the board which join
      the edges larger than normal if somebody wanted to make a very large
      array of them and hoped to pass all signals and voltages through
      every edge connector ?

      What would be the best track size here ? ' As large as can be made to
      fit in the space allowed ' I suppose ?