Re: Betr: [smartsockets] B7179

    Message 1 of 52 , May 10, 2008

      > Rather than making a new PCB, I'd like to try and modify the lookup
      table.
      > This should be less work..... :-) (I hope)
      > Also, my current PCB is single sided and I like to keep that. Not
      sure if
      > I can manage with the correct schematic diagram.
      >
      > What tools did you use for assembly?
      > I've installed MP-Lab IDE 8.10.
      > But as the "16F690-inc" file is missing, I get many error codes.
      > (All label definitions are absent)
      > Can you please help me out?
      >
      > P.S.

      Sorry for the delay in replying, but I don't think you will get very
      far using MPLAB. The Picbasic suite includes an assembler called 'PM'
      and the format of that is not immediately compatible with MPLAB.

      The code you need to modify is all in one small section,
      labelled 'remap'. It does the same job as a lookup table but deals
      with individual bits rather than bytes. I suppose a table would be
      slightly more efficient but I deliberately haven't used one because I
      needed to keep a track of the logical names which I had used whilst
      changing the code between the B7971 and the ZM1350 devices.

      I might be able to find something to help you.

      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23, 2008

        > Just now I realise that I forgot to inform you.
        > During my holliday, I had some more time and finally managed to get
        the programm
        > correct. So now, the smartsocket with the B7179 on my PCB also works
        fine.
        > I'll make some more, to get all 7 tubes working.

        Guus, Thanks for the update.

        I haven't been getting the time to do what I need to do either !