Betr: [smartsockets] Re: 2 tube clock with PIC16F88

    Message 1 of 52 , May 5, 2008
      Hello Chris,

      IT WORKS !!!
      First thing I did was set the program-word 1 to the setting you mentioned.
      When I started the boards, there was a reaction to the button.
      And rotating the selector does (and already did) select menu items.
      Pushing the button now may have two effects, nothing happens or the menu
      item is activated.
      While setting the clock, it's the same, nothing or reaction.
      The nothing is probably when one of the switches in the selector is still
      closed. Because if I rotate it just enough, the button works fine.

      I have used Farnell part 935-4034 for encoder.
      This is a 6 cycle bourns part 3315Y-001 OD&L
      I may add a couple of LED's to show the encoder outputs.
      Or get the right type of encoder.

      On the processor, I think selecting HS instead of XT did the trick...

      I now also have a suggestion for a nice addition to the clock.
      What if the output from the last smartsocket is returned to the clock-processor.
      This would mean that the clock "knows" how many smartsockets are present.
      Thus, it can automatically use the correct number of display positions.
      Can also be used for an X-letter-word.

      Thanks for the patience.
      And explaining a bit more on how the software works, was a big help.

      Now, all I have left to do is set my B7179-Sockets right...

      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23, 2008
        > Just now I realise that I forgot to inform you.
        > During my holliday, I had some more time and finally managed to get
        the programm
        > correct. So now, the smartsocket with the B7179 on my PCB also works
        > I'll make some more, to get all 7 tubes working.

        Guus, Thanks for the update.

        I haven't been getting the time to do what I need to do either !