Betr: [smartsockets] Re: 2 tube clock with PIC16F88

    Message 1 of 52 , May 4, 2008
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, John Rehwinkel <jrehwin@...>
      wrote:

      > > Matt Gorbett made a popular word sculpture using.....ummmm....think
      > > it was aPIC, but I may well be wrong because I recall a discussion
      > > about the workings, perhaps he used an Atmel.
      >
      > I should write him and ask if he's willing to share the code. The
      > way the words change after they're set up, one letter at a time,
      but
      > to still real words (LOVE -> LIVE -> GIVE, for example), is nifty.
      > His sculpture would be right at home at Artomatic
      > (www.artomatic.org), which starts in a week in Washington, DC, USA.
      >
      > -- John

      I know, it is a great concept.
      I wondered about a large scale version, either in a shop window or
      outdoors somewhere obvious, made to a large scale, and allowing people
      to send a text to a mobile number to seed the next four letter word.
      Obviously, some censorshp may need to be applied at certain times of
      the day !
      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23, 2008

        > Just now I realise that I forgot to inform you.
        > During my holliday, I had some more time and finally managed to get
        the programm
        > correct. So now, the smartsocket with the B7179 on my PCB also works
        fine.
        > I'll make some more, to get all 7 tubes working.

        Guus, Thanks for the update.

        I haven't been getting the time to do what I need to do either !