Betr: [smartsockets] Re: 2 tube clock with PIC16F88

    Message 1 of 52 , May 1, 2008
      Hello Chris,

      Yes, I've noticed that the connections from the PIC to the tubes are different.
      That's why two programs are needed, obviuosly. (And version 1 and 2)
      It should be fairly simple to change the program to suit my "choice" of connections.
      If I've seen it right, it's just one table.

      I have some programming experience.
      Long ago, I started with the 8080 processor.
      Later also the 8085. But mainly I used the 6502 in both an Elektor (Junior)
      computer and of course in the Atari XL.
      I've done some more programming on 8052 and 80C552. Also the 8052AH-Basic
      is nice.
      But I was never very good at the software.
      I've also build and modifies a Propellor-Clock. (Henk Soubry)
      This one uses an PIC. But I only changed the codes for the remote controll.
      I can read and mostly understand the code.
      Also, I have a PIC-starter kit. So it should be possible to do some programming.
      (I like designing and building PCB's much more)

      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23, 2008

        > Just now I realise that I forgot to inform you.
        > During my holliday, I had some more time and finally managed to get
        the programm
        > correct. So now, the smartsocket with the B7179 on my PCB also works
        fine.
        > I'll make some more, to get all 7 tubes working.

        Guus, Thanks for the update.

        I haven't been getting the time to do what I need to do either !