Betr: [smartsockets] Re: 2 tube clock with PIC16F88

    Message 1 of 52 , May 1, 2008
      Hello Chris,

      Concerning the smartsocket for the 7179, I am sure I messed up.
      I cannot find out how or why I made the connections between the processor
      and the tube as I did.
      All transistors are connected to actual segments of the tube and have the
      right resistor.
      But the connections to the processor? I don't know.
      The only thing I didn't check yet is if there's a different schamatic in
      a doc-file.

      And the 16F88 clock. Hasn't it been build by someone?
      That seems odd, as many smartsockets have been build.
      What's used to drive them? (I have 7 x B7179 an 6 x ZM1350)

      BR,
      Guus

      Once we stop learing, we can just as well die....
      The only problem with work is that it consumes a lot of spare (free) time...

      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23, 2008

        > Just now I realise that I forgot to inform you.
        > During my holliday, I had some more time and finally managed to get
        the programm
        > correct. So now, the smartsocket with the B7179 on my PCB also works
        fine.
        > I'll make some more, to get all 7 tubes working.

        Guus, Thanks for the update.

        I haven't been getting the time to do what I need to do either !