Betr: [smartsockets] Re: 2 tube clock with PIC16F88

    Message 1 of 52 , Apr 30, 2008

      > Thanks for the reply and the offer.
      > Stil, there's a misunderstanding.
      > I do have an encoder, but there's no switch in it.
      > So choosing in the menu works just fine, by rotating the encoder.
      > If I stop rotating and start again, I can choose a next menu item.
      > But once I push the button, without rotating the encoder, then it
      starts
      > the "CLOCK" again. Also, just pushing the the button, does not
      start the
      > clock to display time.
      > But when I keep the button pressed, "CLOCK" stops.
      >
      > I will check the B7179 smartsocktet again. I want to find out how I
      came
      > to use the schematic that I've drawn. It also doesn't work
      correctly with
      > the ZM1350 program in the processor. ANd version 1 will not be
      correct I
      > guess.
      > The "damage" in money is very limited. I've just made one PCB and
      it can
      > be fixed with wires.
      > But it is more a damage to my ego. I can't understand how I came to
      make
      > such a stupid mistake. Still, the PCB is very nice as I managed to
      get it
      > single sided, 60 x 84 mm small and no wire bridges.
      >
      > To resolve the problem with the 16F88, there's another solution.
      > If I send a programmed 16F88 to you, it can be tested.
      > This way, there's a check if I did it right. (The programmer is not
      the problem.
      > It's an ALL100 from HiLo. Quite professional)
      > To cover your postage back to me, I can include some extra parts.
      > We'll just have to figure out what's usefull for you
      >
      > BR,
      > Guus

      You have nothing to gain from blaming yourself before we know what
      the problem is ! I only wish time was a bit kinder, I am working
      nightshift for a couple of weeks, but I will definately be making
      time to work on this tomorrow afternoon.

      I will be honest, I have made errors of my own before, as some other
      group members will be able to tell you, so I really must check for
      myself first that the code in the files section is working code.

      Every day is a school day !
      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23, 2008

        > Just now I realise that I forgot to inform you.
        > During my holliday, I had some more time and finally managed to get
        the programm
        > correct. So now, the smartsocket with the B7179 on my PCB also works
        fine.
        > I'll make some more, to get all 7 tubes working.

        Guus, Thanks for the update.

        I haven't been getting the time to do what I need to do either !