Betr: [smartsockets] Re: 2 tube clock with PIC16F84

    Message 1 of 52 , Apr 3, 2008

      > > Once set time is selected, I press the button.
      > And the either the displays are off and stay off, or the word "CLOCK"
      is
      > on the display. (Looks like a reset.
      > Keeping the button pressed and rotating, the display stays off.
      >
      > So either I do something wrong in the test, or there's still an error
      in
      > the settings.

      'Clock' is the first menu item. you should only have to press the
      button when the word clock is displayed and the time cycling routine
      should then start.

      If you are able to navigate the menus and make adjustments to the time
      I think it is reasonable to assume that the buttons and the encoder are
      wired correctly.

      There shouldn't be any other settings or fuses requiring to be changed,
      nothing springs to mind at the moment. If you press the switch when the
      work clock is displayed does the clock reset every time ?
      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23 2:32 AM

        > Just now I realise that I forgot to inform you.
        > During my holliday, I had some more time and finally managed to get
        the programm
        > correct. So now, the smartsocket with the B7179 on my PCB also works
        fine.
        > I'll make some more, to get all 7 tubes working.

        Guus, Thanks for the update.

        I haven't been getting the time to do what I need to do either !