Betr: [smartsockets] Re: 2 tube clock with PIC16F84

    Message 1 of 52 , Apr 3, 2008
      Hello Chris,

      Thanks for the answer.

      And of course I have a rotary encoder connected. And a seperate switch.
      I couldn't get the one with a switch connected to the shaft.
      My problem is that I cannot get any numbers to change when I go to settings.
      But the text is displayed.
      Again, I think that a setting for the options is wrong.
      So just now, I've read it. (I never protect the PIC's)
      The reset pin is set to external. This I fixed by connecting the pin to VCC.
      But also, one of the timers (I think wtachdog) was still on.
      And this will make the processor start over and over again.

      On the smartsocket, it a similar problem.
      The oscillator was set, so that a pin is used for clock-output and input.
      But those pins (2 and 3) are used for segments.

      On both these thing, I've just had a look at the programmer and the data
      sheet.
      At work, I have access to a much newer programmer.
      So I hope to test the results this evening at home.

      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23, 2008

        > Just now I realise that I forgot to inform you.
        > During my holliday, I had some more time and finally managed to get
        the programm
        > correct. So now, the smartsocket with the B7179 on my PCB also works
        fine.
        > I'll make some more, to get all 7 tubes working.

        Guus, Thanks for the update.

        I haven't been getting the time to do what I need to do either !