Betr: [smartsockets] Re: 2 tube clock with PIC16F84

    Message 1 of 52 , Apr 1 2:54 PM
      Hello Chris,

      Today, my 16F88 chips arrived and I programmed them.
      I do get a pulse from the output, but it seems very slow. (I do have an Oscilloscoop
      of course)
      The schematics I used are 2B7179.jpg and I've build my own smartsocket PCB
      using a ZM1350.
      The ZM's have segment 7 on. That's all.
      The 16F88 is oscillating. I've used a 4 Mhz Crystal. Is this wrong maybe?
      In the settings for the configuration, I've set the XT option for external
      Crystal.
      What could be wrong, any idea?

      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23, 2008

        > Just now I realise that I forgot to inform you.
        > During my holliday, I had some more time and finally managed to get
        the programm
        > correct. So now, the smartsocket with the B7179 on my PCB also works
        fine.
        > I'll make some more, to get all 7 tubes working.

        Guus, Thanks for the update.

        I haven't been getting the time to do what I need to do either !