UDC Final update

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2006
      I've set the lower UDC limit to location 0, the maximum is location
      125

      The system needs 3 bytes of space which are located at 253,254 and
      255.

      Each UDC takes up two bytes of space, not just one. For example, the
      first location '0', the lower 8 bits of the segment pattern are
      stored in location 0 and the top 6 bits are stored in location 1.
      For 100 for example, the lower 8 bits are sttored at location 200 and
      the upper 6 at 201.
      This means that the maximum available locations, allowing room for
      the 3 system bytes, is 126, 0-125 inclusive.

      The exclamation mark cannot be reprogrammed, nor can the space.
      Characters 33 and 32 respectively.
      Also character 13 and character 20 won't display but these aren't
      displayed anyway.

      It is possible that at some time in the future I can evaluate using
      RAM for temporary UDC's which being stored in volatile memory means
      they would be lost after a power-off event.