RE: [smartsockets] B-7971 Clock

  • Stef Pagonakis
    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 12, 2007

      I built a four tube clock and random word speller (over 3,900 words
      built in) which you can see on the group somewhere.
      The actual
      circuit is really simple and I am happy to share code, program you a
      PIC etc.

      Hi John,

      I would be very interested in what you came up with.

      I too have just recently joined this group after sourcing 4 tubes on ebay.

      I planned to make the FLW clock from Zetalink, but they don’t seem to be very alive. All mails get bounced.

      After some searching I bumped into the smartsockets and together with your project they seem to do what I want.

      Words + Time.

      I have no experience whatsoever in programming a pic or designing a circuitry. Assembling however is no problem. After building several nixie clocks I want to bring those 4 B-7971 tubes alive.

      Any help very much appreciated !

      I;m still looking for some more B-7971’s, chuck, any of those tubes for sale ?

      I’ll browse this groups archive now to find the procedure to order the smart sockets.

      Stef

      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23, 2008

        > Just now I realise that I forgot to inform you.
        > During my holliday, I had some more time and finally managed to get
        the programm
        > correct. So now, the smartsocket with the B7179 on my PCB also works
        fine.
        > I'll make some more, to get all 7 tubes working.

        Guus, Thanks for the update.

        I haven't been getting the time to do what I need to do either !