Re: [smartsockets] B-7971 Clock

    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 12, 2007
      On 12 Sep 2007, at 00:51, Charles Keiser wrote:

      > I am a new member of the Smart Sockets group. I joined after waiting
      > two years for my Geek Clock Kit. It seems like these kits will never
      > materialize. I am not a pic programmer and am used to working with
      > discrete parts. Has anyone created a four or six tube clock with
      > these smart sockets? Would you be willing to share your code?
      >
      > I have 18 B-7971 tubes and don't want to use them with a regular clock
      > board and about 100 diodes to get them to light.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Chuck Keiser

      Chuck.

      I built a four tube clock and random word speller (over 3,900 words
      built in) which you can see on the group somewhere. The actual
      circuit is really simple and I am happy to share code, program you a
      PIC etc.

      The whole circuit board is one PIC, one memory chip, two switches, 5
      resistors, three caps and a crystal. Plus one LED which is not
      necessary.

      These tubes are capable of far more than just telling the time, so
      you will want some text features to show off your tubes.

      Have a think about what you want and I can probably help you. The
      smartsockets do most of the work anyway,

      John
      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23 2:32 AM

        > Just now I realise that I forgot to inform you.
        > During my holliday, I had some more time and finally managed to get
        the programm
        > correct. So now, the smartsocket with the B7179 on my PCB also works
        fine.
        > I'll make some more, to get all 7 tubes working.

        Guus, Thanks for the update.

        I haven't been getting the time to do what I need to do either !