Re: B-7971 Clock

    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 12, 2007
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Keiser" <ckeiser10@...>
      wrote:

      > I am a new member of the Smart Sockets group. I joined after waiting
      > two years for my Geek Clock Kit. It seems like these kits will never
      > materialize. I am not a pic programmer and am used to working with
      > discrete parts. Has anyone created a four or six tube clock with
      > these smart sockets? Would you be willing to share your code?
      >
      > I have 18 B-7971 tubes and don't want to use them with a regular clock
      > board and about 100 diodes to get them to light.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Chuck Keiser

      Hello Chuck.
      I don't have a clock design for four or six tubes. All I have made so
      far is the two tube clock in the files section, which works quite well.

      There are a few interesting completed projects in existence which use
      smartsockets already, but as far as I know nobody has specifically made
      simply a clock

      I appreciate you don't program, but I bet you can design. How about you
      mention some of the features you might like a four tube or six tube
      clock to have and we take it from there ?

      You would like an occasional time display, granted, fair enough, I
      have 8 tubes waiting for a permanent home too and a clock would be a
      nice thing to have, but what else might you want it do ? Pretty much
      anything is possible because the degrees of difficulty in making
      ananimated display has already been dealt with.

      I was thinking the other day ab0otu somethign to do with putting words
      on a USB memory stick, and then I thought about a remote weather
      station transmitter which is in my back garden transmitting the
      temrpature on 434MHz, display the output from that might not be so hard

      But what I would really love to do, is have some way to connect it to
      my internet broadband connection. USB wireless network cards are cheap
      and easy to use. I could send a message via sms to my wife at home that
      I will be five minutes late and if she see's the clock on the
      mantleepiece dispalying the message she'll know to keep my steak in
      the fridge for a little bit longer !

      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23, 2008

        > Just now I realise that I forgot to inform you.
        > During my holliday, I had some more time and finally managed to get
        the programm
        > correct. So now, the smartsocket with the B7179 on my PCB also works
        fine.
        > I'll make some more, to get all 7 tubes working.

        Guus, Thanks for the update.

        I haven't been getting the time to do what I need to do either !