964Re: Using IV-17 smartsocket with usb>ttl adapter

  • julietmikebravo
    Dec 15, 2012
      Thanks for the support.

      I more or less understand the way the SS is controlled now, but I think the problem is with my computer.

      I use the Linux command "echo" to send the data to a USB serial port. That goes like this:

      echo -ne "V" > /dev/ttyUSB1

      This works, version number pops up. If I want I can clear the screen with the MC command.

      However, when sending more complex stuff it fails. With echo you can send ASCII, hex, octal, whatever. Hex is send by defining the byte with the \ escape character and the hex number, like:

      echo -ne "\x4D\x53\x02\x48\x49" > /dev/ttyUSB1

      This should send MD<2>HI. Still, no response.

      I think I am going to hook up my Arduino to it and try to send commands from there, I can't trust Linux, echo and a CP2102 USB-TTL adapter to do this properly it seems.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic